Steps to SuccessBook - 1997
In Netball: Steps to Success , former All-Australian and world champion player and coach Wilma Shakespear covers all the essential rules, skills, and strategies, while providing extensive instruction for beginning and experienced players.
More than 2 million people around the world have already discovered this fast-moving game that emphasizes passing, movement, positioning, and speed. Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and England are among the 40 countries that play the sport competitively, and participation is growing worldwide with more men and boys taking up this traditionally women's sport.
Netball: Steps to Success will help players learn the fundamentals and have fun at the same time. This comprehensive book includes everything a netball enthusiast needs to become a competitive player, including:
- 90 drills and practice games to improve performance,
- 144 illustrations showing correct techniques and drill diagrams,
- thorough instruction for individual skills development,
- effective strategies for team play, and
- special sections focusing on play in the back, middle, and front third of the court.
Part of the highly popular Steps to Success Series, this book is the single, best guide to competing successfully in this action-packed sport.