Learning to Bake Allergen-free
A Crash Course for Busy Parents on Baking Without Wheat, Gluten, Dairy, Eggs, Soy or NutseBook - 2012
Has your child been diagnosed with food allergies? If so, help is here! Colette Martin has been there too: When her son Patrick was diagnosed with multiple food allergies in 2001, she had to learn all-new ways to feed him--and especially to make baked goods that he both could and would eat.
Learning to Bake Allergen-Free is the book Colette Martin wishes she had back then. She ingeniously presents a dozen manageable lessons that will arm parents to prepare allergen-free baked goods the entire family can enjoy together. The book features:
* More than 70 recipes (including variations) sure to become family staples--for muffins, rolls, breads, cookies, bars, scones, cakes, tarts, pizza, and pies-- starting with the easiest techniques and adding new skills along the way
* Clear explanations of the most common allergens and gluten, with all the details you need on which substitutions work, and why
* Hundreds of simple tips for adapting recipes and troubleshooting as you go
* Detailed guidelines and more than 15 recipes for making allergen-free treats from packaged gluten-free baking mixes
* Special crash courses focused on key ingredients and techniques, including sweetening options, decorating a cake simply but superbly, kicking everyday recipes up a notch, and much more!
Whether you already love to bake or are a kitchen novice, Learning to Bake Allergen-Free will give you the knowledge, skills, recipes, and confidence to make food that your family can safely eat--and that they'll love!