The Unmooring of American Military Power

Downloadable Audiobook - 2012
Average Rating:
Rate this:
Identifying what the author believes to be a battle between the priorities of civilian life and the war, the host of the critically acclaimed The Rachel Maddow show explains that today's focus on national security is actually compromising national stability, tracing the historical events and contributing factors that have promoted a deeply militarized American culture.
Publisher: [United States] : Books on Tape, 2012.
ISBN: 9780307970411
Characteristics: 1 downloadable audio file.


From the critics

Community Activity


Add a Comment

Mar 04, 2018

Good analysis from a political view I don't advocate; which helped me understand how things came to be the way they are. I enjoyed it.

May 31, 2014

Wonderfully read by the author. Informative, funny, scary.

JoanWolschleger May 22, 2012

Rachel Maddow provided a lucid explantion of how USA ended up in perpetual war like state. She blames both Democrats and Republicans for the state in which 10% of the population is fighting in military actions while the other 90% is barely aware and are not affected by the military actions including not feeling the pinch by actually paying for the military actions in Afghanistan and Iraq. War like states impinge on our freedom she says by reducing discussion or disagreement about the military actions as well as other actions of government.

Rachel did an excellent job of reading her own book.


Add Age Suitability

There are no ages for this title yet.


Add a Summary

There are no summaries for this title yet.


Add Notices

There are no notices for this title yet.


Add a Quote

There are no quotes for this title yet.

Explore Further


Subject Headings


Find it at TSCPL

To Top